Exede Satellite Internet: A Darker Image Review
What they say: A technology above the rest
Exede Internet is powered by ViaSat-1, the most powerful communications satellite ever launched. With download speeds up to 12 Mbps, proprietary acceleration software and an entirely new technology on the ground, Exede is a completely different experience compared with yesterday’s satellite Internet service.
Fast & powerful: What you can do with Exede
• Browse the web and your email faster than ever
• Share photos remarkably fast
• Enjoy better video chat with fewer delays
• Send and receive files quickly
• Use VPN services to access business files from home
• Watch streaming videos, TV and movies with fewer delays from buffering
Why Exede Internet is the best choice
• We offer a truly free data usage time slot daily. There are no data caps during our Late Night Free Zone
• Up to 12 Mbps download speeds and 3Mbps of upload speeds on ALL plans. Other services charge you much more for the same high speeds
• Every plan comes with the full suite of Google Apps™
• Created by ViaSat, an industry leader on the cutting edge of innovative satellite communication technology
• Our subscribers love the service.
What I say: I’ve made it no secret that A Darker Image Tower is located in the boonies of central KY. Having suffered the evils of AT&T for the last year, I decided to bail. I was spending a fortune on overages that took money away from this site. So on Black Friday I stumbled upon the ad for Exede Satellite Internet. They made a lot of boasts. In desperation I leaped. I never thought I would say this…but I miss AT&T.
Yes the evil overlords overcharged but the service was reliable. Due to technical issues that have going for over three days I am posting this on dialup. I am not kidding. Apparently at Exede (Formerly Wildblue) it is perfectly acceptable to allow a glitch to run rampant that prevents you from logging into a secure site. After doing some digging on Exedes own forums this happens fairly regular. They have even have a shill trying to shoot people down and spout the same crap that it’s all your fault. (“It’s your fault!” should be the companies motto.)
So I have had this “service” since Monday. Since Wednesday it has been unusable for my needs. Yay? I have called, e-mailed, posted on Facebook, and posted on their forums. Many others have done the same. However, Exede never admits anything is wrong. EVER!
So to make a long story short, avoid these people like the plague. Dailup and overpriced 3G is better. But now I am stuck. At this point I seriously do not know if I will be able to continue the site. Yay.